With new posters debuting, and more news coming out every day, it is clear we are super close to the film finally hitting theaters. Marvel’s The Avengers is about two months away from landing in theaters and fans are almost giddy with excitement.
To quench the “I can’t waits!” out there, ET revealed a sneak preview of their visit to the Albuquerque set. As well as a brief glimpse of the new trailer that is set to premiere tomorrow morning.
Marvel’s The Avengers is opening in 3D, 2D and IMAX 3D on May 4th. It is written and directed by (the amazingly awesome) Joss Whedon and stars Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Tom Hiddleston and Stellan Skarsgard.
The plot continues the epic big-screen adventures started in Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger. Marvel’s The Avengers is the superhero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as SHIELD, finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins.
The film has an all-star cast that is sure to please anyone watching the film. It includes:
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man:
- A self-described genius, billionaire, playboy and philanthropist with a mechanical suit of armor of his own invention.
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America:
- A World War II veteran who was enhanced to the peak of human physicality by an experimental serum.
- Mark Ruffalo as Dr. Bruce Banner / Hulk:
- A genius scientist who, because of exposure to gamma radiation, transforms into a monster when enraged or excited. Ruffalo was cast after negotiations between Marvel and Edward Norton broke down.
- Lou Ferrigno will voice the Hulk.
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor:
- The god of thunder based on the Norse deity of the same name. Hemsworth was cast as part of a multiple movie deal. Hemsworth stated that he was able to maintain the strength he built up for Thor by increasing his food intake, consisting of a number of chicken breasts, fish, steak and eggs a day.
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow:
- A highly trained spy working for the international peacekeeping organization, S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye:
- A S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and master archer known in the comics as the “World’s Greatest Marksman”. Renner said it was a very physical role and that he trained physically and practiced archery as much as possible in preparation.
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki:
- Thor’s adoptive brother and nemesis based on the deity of the same name.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury:
- The director of S.H.I.E.L.D., who was revealed in previous films to be coordinating the “Avenger Initiative”. Jackson was brought to the project with a deal containing an option to play the character in up to nine Marvel films.
- Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill:
- A S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who works closely with Jackson’s Nick Fury.
Clark Gregg and Stellan Skarsgård reprise their roles from previous films as Phil Coulson and Erik Selvig respectively. Paul Bettany returns to voice JARVIS. Avengers co-creator Stan Lee will have a cameo appearance.
There is a lot of buzz about the awesomeness that this new film promises to deliver (and with someone as sexy as Scar-Jo in it, I believe it) and hopefully the project will live up the expectations.
You can watch the video from the set below: