Rachelle Lefevre, most known for her role as Victoria Sutherland in the first half of The Twilight Saga, has signed on for the leading role in “Under The Dome.” The series, based on the novel of the same name written by Stephen King, comes from CBS and has been adapted for the small screen by Brian K. Vaughan (“Y: The Last Man,” “Ex Machina,” “LOST”). Neils Arden Oplev, the director of the original The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, will helm the pilot.
The story tells of Chester’s Mill, a small town in Maine, which is cut off from the rest of the world by an invisible dome. With air, food and patience dwindling, societal norms within this town begin to break down. Lefevre has taken the role of Julia Shumway, the owner of Chester’s Mill’s newspaper, The Democrat.
The full cast list thus far includes:
- Mike Vogel as Dale “Barbie” Barbara, an Army veteran in town on a mysterious mission.
- Rachelle Lefevre as Julia, an investigative reporter who takes an interest in Barbie.
- Colin Ford as Joe, a smart teenager whose parents are trapped outside of the barrier.
- Natalie Martinez as Deputy Linda, a loyal and ambitious sheriff’s deputy.
- Dean Norris as James “Big Jim” Rennie, politician and owner of Jim Rennie’s Used Cars, who seeks to use the dome as a way to gain control of Chester’s Mill.
- Alex Koch as Junior Rennie, Big Jim’s emotionally disturbed son.
- Britt Robertson as Angie, an aspiring nurse with dreams of escaping the town.
- Nicholas Strong as Phil, a popular radio DJ with a dark secret.
- Jolene Purdy as Dodee, a radio engineer who makes contact with the outside world.
- Aisha Hinds as Carolyn Hill, a Los Angeles entertainment attorney who is trapped in the town with her partner and teenage daughter.
The first season will have 13 episodes. The series is set to debut on June 24 at 10/9c on CBS.