Thanks to First Look Online, there is a new behind-the-scenes featurette of the new film, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. The film is being released by Columbia Pictures and is a sequel to the hit 2007 film.
I am not a fan of Ghost Rider, personally, although it may be mostly because I don’t like Nicolas Cage as an actor, but this sequel looks like it is going to be a pretty cool film (but maybe not better then first one).
The official description of the plot is as follows:
Johnny is still struggling with his curse as the devil’s bounty hunter – but he may risk everything as he teams up with the leader of a group of rebel monks to save a young boy from the devil… and possibly rid himself of his curse forever.
The cast of the sequel includes:
- Nicolas Cage as Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider
- Johnny Whitworth as Roarke Carrigan/Blackout, the antagonist who, at the beginning, is human. He is turned into Blackout by the Devil to complete his job (which is not specified). This transformation gives him the fortitude and supernatural abilities to compete with Ghost Rider.
- Fergus Riordan as Danny, a young child caught up in a demonic conspiracy who ends up in the care of Johnny Blaze during his travels.
- Ciarán Hinds as The Devil, a being trying to take over the body of his son on the boy’s birthday.
- Violante Placido as Nadya
- Idris Elba as Moreau
- Christopher Lambert as Methodius, a monk. He was required to undergo three months of sword training and shaved his head for the role.
Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance hits theaters on February 17th.
Watch the behind the scenes featurette below: