- Neil Gaiman’s Likely Stories HeadingTo The Small ScreenPosted 8 months ago
- 2015 – The Year of Book to Movie AdaptationsPosted 9 months ago
- Watch the First Trailer for Captain America: Civil War!Posted 10 months ago
Ender’s Game Producer Talks Working With Nasa Sound Stage
2013 is a long time away, but most of us are still pumped for the year of movies already expected to drop during the year. The film adaptation of Ender’s Game is one of the more highly anticipated of the new released. Recently, Bobby Cohen, one of the producers along side Roberto Orci, spoke with MTV News about how excited he is to work on the film.
He also opening admitted that he is pretty thrilled with the casting of the novel adaptation.
I have the great pleasure to work with Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci, who wrote ‘Mission: Impossible’ and ‘Star Trek,'” he said. “Our other movie is ‘Ender’s Game,’ based on the incredible book that people have been trying to make forever. A lot of directors have tried to do it. We have an amazing script. Gavin Hood is directing, we’ve got Harrison Ford, Sir Ben Kingsley, Viola Davis, Hailee Steinfeld from ‘True Grit,’ Asa Butterfield from ‘Hugo.'”
Cohen works with director Gavin Hood and Orci on the set of the film. He mentioned the unique set they get to work on.
There is a NASA stage where they literally used to build the rockets for the space shuttle that is now actually a sound stage,” he said. “They will be spending 65 some odd days about 45 minutes from here on a big giant set. So that’s going well.”
Producer, Alex Kurtzman has similarly excited feelings toward the project. He went on to add:
We’re just happy to support the vision of the book,” he added. “It’s such a treasured novel and it’s very rare that you get an opportunity to work on something like that so we were very psyched.”
You can watch video of the interview below:
The project is currently filming, and is scheduled to be released November 1, 2013. It is being directed by Gavin Hood with an all star cast.
Written by Orson Scott Card, the story is set in a future utopian version of Earth. It follows a young boy who is a strategist of the genius level who becomes drafted by the International Fleet to battle and destroy to Formics. Formics are a dangerous alien race that threaten mankind. And if Ender fails, then Earth will be gone forever.
The cast, which includes several award winners, is as follows:
- Asa Butterfield – Ender Wiggin
- Harrison Ford – Colonel Hyrum Graff
- Abigail Breslin – Valentine Wiggin
- Hailee Steinfeld – Petra
- Aramis Knight – Bean
- Moises Arias – Bonzo
- Jimmy Pinchak – Peter Wiggin
- Suraj Parthasarathy – Alai
- Conor Carroll – Bernard
- Khylin Rhambo – Dink
- Brandon Soo Hoo – Fly Molo
- Ben Kingsley – Mazer Rackham
- Viola Davis – Major Anderson
- Caleb J. Thaggard – Stilson
- Stevie Ray Dallimore – John Wiggin
- Andrea Powell – Theresa Wiggin
- Nonso Anozie – Sergeant Dap