According to a recent report from TV Line, Michiel Huisman, most known for his role on the show “Nashville,” has joined the cast of season 4 of “Game of Thrones.” However, the role that he has taken has not been disclosed. HBO’s hit series will use the second half of the third A Song of Ice and Fire book titled “A Storm of Swords,” as the basis for its fourth season.
Huisman joins several new cast additions in the fourth season including:
- Pedro Pascal as Oberyn Martell, called the “Red Viper”, the younger brother of Doran Martell, the ruling Prince of Dorne.
- Roger Ashton-Griffiths as Mace Tyrell, Loras and Margaery Tyrell’s father, the Lord of Highgarden.
- Mark Gatiss in an unknown role.
- Indira Varma as Ellaria Sand, the lover of Oberyn Martell.
- Dean-Charles Chapman as Tommen Baratheon, King Joffrey’s younger brother.
- Joseph Gatt as Styr, the Magnar of Thenn, a Wildling leader
The executive producers of “Game of Thrones” are David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger, Bernadette Caulfield; co-executive producers, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis, George R.R. Martin, Vanessa Taylor; produced by Chris Newman, Greg Spence.
Season four of “Game of Thrones” will air in Spring 2014 and will consist of ten episodes.