- Neil Gaiman’s Likely Stories HeadingTo The Small ScreenPosted 1 year ago
- 2015 – The Year of Book to Movie AdaptationsPosted 1 year ago
- Watch the First Trailer for Captain America: Civil War!Posted 1 year ago
“Guardians of the Galaxy” Soundtrack Hits No. 1 on Billboard 200
Guardians of the Galaxy is not just one of the best movies of the year it also has one of the best soundtracks of the year (and that is not just a personal opinion.) The official soundtrack to the film has hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
The soundtrack is named “Awesome Mix Vol. 1.” It was given its name because the tape itself is almost a character within Guardians of the Galaxy. The songs were put together by the main character’s mother on a cassette tape which he continually listens to on his Walkman from his childhood. All the songs except one are heard within the film.
The mixtape style compilation is made up of all previously released songs from between the 1960’s and 1970’s. Most songs were even on the Billboard Hot 100 at the time of their initial release.
“Awesome Mix Vol. 1” has so far sold nearly 110,000 copies since the week ending August 10. When it first debuted it hit the Billboard 100 at No. 3.
The track listing for “Awesome Mix Vol. 1” include:
Note: All songs—with the exception of “Spirit in the Sky”, which is played in the trailer—are featured in the film.
- “Hooked on a Feeling” – Blue Swede
- “Go All the Way” – Raspberries
- “Spirit in the Sky” – Norman Greenbaum
- “Moonage Daydream” – David Bowie
- “Fooled Around and Fell in Love” – Elvin Bishop
- “I’m Not in Love” – 10cc
- “I Want You Back” – The Jackson 5
- “Come and Get Your Love” – Redbone
- “Cherry Bomb” – The Runaways
- “Escape (The Piña Colada Song)” – Rupert Holmes
- “O-o-h Child” – Five Stairsteps
- “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell