Captain America: Civil War has officially began filming and the studio has released a plot synopsis along with a full cast list! It was revealed that the film will see Paul Rudd as Ant-Man which is pretty exciting! William Hurt will also reprise his role from The Incredible Hulk as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, the father of Bruce Banner’s love interest in the film, Betty.
The plot synopsis is as follows:
“Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.”
The official cast list is as follows:
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon
- Paul Bettany as The Vision
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye
- Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
- Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Black Panther
- Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter/Agent 13
- Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones
- William Hurt as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross
- Daniel Brühl as Baron Helmut Zemo
- Martin Freeman has been confirmed in an unspecified role
There is no word yet on whether or not Spider-Man will make an appearance after Marvel announced the superhero would be making his way back to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Captain America: Civil War will be directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, with a script from Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely and a release date scheduled for May 6, 2016.