The multiplatinum group, Coldplay, has announced they will release the first track for the upcoming official soundtrack for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. The news came from both Lionsgate and Republic Records.The song will be the first time that the group has recorded an original song for a motion picture. The song, entitled, “Atlas” will be released on iTunes and all digital retailers on August 26th, 2013. Continue reading
Season 3 of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” is still months away (unfortunately) and with that news is on the upcoming season is still slow going. However, Entertainment Weekly has reported that Coldplay drummer, Will Champion is set to have a cameo as, unsurprisingly, a drummer in the upcoming new season.
Champion isn’t the first musician to cameo on the series, with Snow Patrol lead singer Gary Lightbody also having a small role in season 3.
There is no word yet on when we can expect to see Champion in the new series but with time, more information will be released.
Season 3 of the hit series is based on the third book, A Storm of Swords, in the A Song Of Ice and Fire trilogy written by George R.R. Martin. The season will focus on the first half the novel with season 4 concluding the third book adaptation. Like previous seasons, several new cast members have also been added along side Champion and Lightbody.
New cast members, most of which were announced at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con include:
- Kristofer Hivju as Tormund Giantsbane, a Wildling raider
- Thomas Sangster as Jojen Reed and Ellie Kendrick as Meera Reed, two young Crannogman siblings, children of Howland Reed, a Stark bannerman
- Tobias Menzies as Edmure Tully, Catelyn Stark’s brother
- Clive Russell as Brynden Tully, the “Blackfish”, Catelyn’s uncle
- Tara Fitzgerald as Selyse (Florent) Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon’s wife (the character, played by an unnamed extra, briefly appeared in the second season’s episode “The North Remembers”)
- Kerry Ingram as Shireen Baratheon, their daughter
- Diana Rigg as Olenna (Redwyne) Tyrell, the “Queen of Thorns”, Margaery and Loras Tyrell’s grandmother
- Richard Dormer as Beric Dondarrion, the leader of the “Brotherhood Without Banners”(the character, played by David Michael Scott, briefly appeared in the first season’s episode “A Golden Crown”)
- Paul Kaye as Thoros of Myr, a red priest with the Brotherhood
- Philip McGinley as Anguy, an archer with the Brotherhood
- Mackenzie Crook as Orell Skinchanger, a Wildling
- Nathalie Emmanuel as Missandei, a Naathi servant of Daenerys Targaryen
- Anton Lesser as Qyburn, a former maester of the Citadel
- Iwan Rheon as “Boy”
- Ciarán Hinds as Mance Rayder, the Wildling “King-Beyond-The-Wall”.
- Ed Skrein as Daario Naharis, a Tyroshi mercenary captain
- Jacob Anderson as Grey Worm, a eunuch soldier, captain of the ‘Unsullied’
- Dan Hildebrand as Kraznys mo Naklaz, a wealthy slaver of the Ghiscari city of Astapor.
- Ramon Tikaram as Prendahl ze Ghezn, a captain of a notorious company of sellswords known as the ‘Stormcrows’
Other new characters will include Vargo Hoat, the leader of the mercenary group “Bloody Mummers”.
“Game of Thrones” returns with its highly anticipated third season on March 31, 2013.