Rupert Sanders’ Snow White and the Huntsman, starring Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron, Chris Hemsworth and Sam Claflin, will be released on Blu-ray, On Demand and Digital Download as and Extended Edition on Sept. 11.
The Combo Pack includes an extended version of the film not shown in theaters, as well as a digital download of the film, compatible with iPhone, iTunes, iPad, iPod, iPod touch, Android or online retail partners including UltraViolet (a service that allows consumers to collect movies and TV shows in a cloud to stream and download to TV’s, computers, tablets and smartphones).
The Blu-ray and DVD bonus features include:
- A New Legend is Born
- Feature Commentary with director Rupert Sanders, visual effects supervisor Cedric Nicolas-Troyan and co-editor Neil Smith
Bonus Features Exclusive to the Blu-ray:
- Reinventing the Fairy Tale
- Citizens of the Kingdom
- The Magic Of “Snow White and the Huntsman”
Around the Kingdom: 360° Set TourUniversal’s Second Screen: Viewers can control, interact with and explore the film with features on a networked tablet or computer, in sync with the movie on the television screen. During the film, users can access:
- Flick View: Move content from the tablet to the TV screen, and compare storyboards, animatics, and other bonus material with a “flick” of the fingers.
- Behind the Scenes (Picture in Picture)
- Around the Kingdom: 360° Set Tour
- Virtual flip books
- Cast of Characters
- Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronics and portable devices including computers, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android and more.
- pocket BLU App for smartphones
- Advanced Remote Control: A new way to operate Blu-ray players.
- Video Timeline: Users can bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- Keyboard: an intuitive keyboard for data entry
- BD-LIVE: Access the BD-Live Center through an Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more.