The upcoming franchise finale film is less than a month away from hitting theaters with anticipating building every day and finally, Warner Bros has fully launched the film’s official website. TheDarkKnightRises.com is complete with downloadable stills, wallpapers, and more.
The third and final film in Christopher Nolan’s franchise will hit theaters and IMAX on July 20th with an all-star cast.
- Christian Bale returns as Bruce Wayne / Batman:
- A billionaire socialite dedicated to protecting Gotham City from the criminal underworld. Nolan has stated that, due to the eight-year gap between the events of The Dark Knight and those of The Dark Knight Rises, “he’s an older Bruce Wayne; he’s not in a great state.”
- Tom Hardy as Bane:
- Hardy stated that he intended to portray the character as “more menacing” than Robert Swenson’s version of the character in Joel Schumacher’s Batman & Robin. Producer Emma Thomas says that Bane “is an interesting match for Batman after the Joker, who was just purely about chaos and playing with people. Bane has a plan.”
- Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle:
- Selina Kyle is “an associate” of Bane.
- Michael Caine also returns as Alfred Pennyworth:
- Bruce’s trusted butler and confidant. Alfred has acted as a father figure to Bruce, and continues to aid Bruce on his missions as well as supplying him with useful advice.
- Gary Oldman as James Gordon:
- Commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department. One of the city’s few honest police officers. Oldman described his character: “He’s a little reminiscent of the Gordon you see in Batman Begins. They’ve tidied up the city, but there’s still work to be done. He’s very world-weary.”
- Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox:
- Fox runs Wayne Enterprises on behalf of Bruce Wayne and serves as his armorer, providing him with high-tech equipment.
- Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate:
- A “Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.”
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake:
- Blake is a “Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon.”
Josh Pence and Liam Neeson both appear as Ra’s al Ghul, leader of the League of Shadows; Pence plays a younger version of the character in scenes set thirty years before the events of Batman Begins, while Neeson reprises his Batman Begins role in a cameo appearance. Other cast members include Nestor Carbonell reprising his role as Mayor Anthony Garcia; Alon Abutbul as Dr. Leonid Pavel, described as “a mad scientist”; Juno Temple as a “street-smart Gotham girl”; Matthew Modine as deputy commissioner Peter Foley; Brett Cullen as a judge; Chris Ellis as a priest; Aiden Gillen as a CIA agent; and Rob Brown, Christopher Judge, Tom Conti, and Joey King in unspecified roles.
The official plot of the film follows the aftermath of the death of District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman assumes responsibility for Dent’s crimes to protect Dent’s reputation and is subsequently hunted by the Gotham City Police Department. Eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, Batman returns to Gotham, where he encounters the mysterious Selina Kyle and the villainous Bane, and must confront the latter’s plans to destroy the city.
You can also see a brand new HD tv spot for the movie below: